God has given OMF International a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. To do this, OMF International seeks to mobilize individuals to become more engaged with long-term ministry in East Asia. The Virtual Events Coordinator helps manage OMF International’s online communication network by connecting remote members and volunteers to events in the Littleton office.
Supervised by: Vice President for Communications
Number needed: 2-3
Status: High-impact volunteer (approximately six hours/month)
Location: Littleton, CO
Host and facilitate virtual meetings:
- Use application features to record an event.
- Log onto the designated PC and account for the meeting.
- Connect to or accept connections from participants joining.
- Keep the cameras and screen contents in sync with the meeting flow.
- Update participants of anything inaudible or out of view.
- Pass along questions from off-site participants.
- Remind participants of how to troubleshoot (i.e., exit/rejoin a meeting).
- Collect feedback from participants for organizers and others.
- Disconnect and close meeting appropriately.
- Handle recording(s) from meetings.
Pray for new workers for East Asia:
- Set aside specific time to pray for OMF International leadership, new workers, the Bridge Asia ministry and its effectiveness.
- Love for Jesus Christ and growing relationship with him.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Passion for East Asia and reaching its peoples for God’s glory.
- Learner’s stance toward technology.
- Comfortable working with computer and communications technology such as webcams and microphones.