God has given OMF a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. Serve Asia is OMF’s short-term (2 weeks–11 months) missions discipleship program. Participants strategically contribute to the ongoing work in East Asia, experience cross-cultural ministry first-hand and grow closer to God as they serve in East Asia.
We are seeking an experienced public relations communicator who loves relating to people. The Serve Asia Representative will clearly and effectively promote Serve Asia opportunities, intentionally and proactively invest in inquirers, and creatively oversee multiple communication media for external audiences.
Supervised by: Serve Asia Facilitator
Supervises: Serve Asia short-term workers and team leaders
Number needed: 2
Status: Full-time / non-exempt
Location: Littleton, CO U.S.
Proactively follow up with inquirers:
- Represent OMF and Serve Asia at conferences, churches and college campuses around the U.S.
- Follow up with Serve Asia inquirers, helping them discern their next step of involvement in God’s global mission.
- Effectively hand off individuals to a Program Coordinator when they are ready to apply to a Serve Asia trip.
- Identify inquirers with leadership potential and invite them to Serve Asia’s training for trip leaders.
- Assist with training, debriefing and follow-up of the Serve Asia workers.
Advance all aspects of Serve Asia ministry awareness:
- Collaborate with the Communications and Advocacy teams to create attractive promotional materials.
- Facilitate missions discipleship training for churches across North America.
- Train others to lead missions discipleship training for churches.
- Potentially teach or preach at missions-related conferences or events.
- Compile and send stories and prayer requests to a broad OMF support network.
- Lead creative projects to promote Serve Asia’s ministry.
- Work in partnership with the international Serve Asia media team to create and execute social media strategy.
- Potentially visit long-term missionaries in East Asia to nurture relationships and learn how short-term Serve Asia workers can advance their church planting efforts.
- Work with other Serve Asia staff for program planning and further development as part of continually improving the overall Serve Asia program.
- A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A teachable spirit and flexible attitude.
- A desire to invest in others preparing to serve God in missions.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient social media skills on multiple platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience working with personnel of multiple ages, denominations and ethnicities.
- Ability to travel (potentially taking 1 international trip and several domestic trips a year).
- Ability to relate to staff at all organizational levels; ability to work on a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Basic computer skills (word processing, e-mail, web research, spreadsheets).
- Passion for East Asia and reaching its peoples for God’s glory.
- Ability to speak Asian language is helpful, but not required.
- Experience in short-term cross-cultural ministry and leadership experienced preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
The salary for this position is “support-based.” This means that, similar to most OMF Mobilization personnel based in the U.S., the Serve Asia Representative is asked to raise the budget for the position’s salary. This decreases the amount of finances our cross-cultural missionaries need to contribute to our U.S. ministry. OMF will provide training and a personal mentor to guide you through the support-raising process.