God has given OMF a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. Serve Asia is OMF’s short-term (2 weeks–11 months) missions discipleship program. Participants strategically contribute to the ongoing work in East Asia, experience cross-cultural ministry first-hand and grow closer to God as they serve in East Asia. The Serve Asia Program Coordinator coordinates excellent short-term teams in order to advance the gospel in East Asia.
Supervised by: Serve Asia Facilitator
Supervises: Serve Asia short-term workers and team leaders
Status: Full-time / Non-Exempt
Number needed: 2
Location: Littleton, CO
Coordinate and implement planning for excellent short-term opportunities:
- Prepare logistics and execute plans (dates, ministry, budget, travel, training, debriefing etc.) to facilitate an effective, challenging short-term experience for each team and individual.
- Correspond consistently with Link Asia, OMF’s department that builds partnerships with churches and schools, to facilitate a superior short-term experience.
- Research strategic needs of long-term missionaries and plan creative short-term Serve Asia opportunities to meet these needs.
- Work with other Serve Asia staff for program planning and further development as part of continually improving the overall Serve Asia program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prepare short-term workers:
- Correspond with inquirers and pray with them for God’s guidance in team placement.
- Recruit and coach well-equipped and able team leaders.
- Review and screen applicants for acceptance on a Serve Asia team.
- Facilitate effective, thorough communication between team leader and field workers.
- Assist with training, debriefing and follow-up of the Serve Asia workers.
Strategically network for needs in East Asia:
- Facilitate awareness, involvement and Serve Asia ministry opportunities.
- Represent OMF and Serve Asia at events, trainings, conferences etc.
- Visit long-term missionaries in East Asia to nurture relationships and learn how short-term Serve Asia workers can advance their church planting efforts.
- Compile, develop and distribute promotional materials for Serve Asia opportunities.
- Love for Jesus Christ and growing relationship with him.
- A self-starter and motivator; ability to proactively plan and work.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple logistics at a given time.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and personnel databases.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- A humble heart to invest in others preparing to serve God in missions.
- A teachable spirit and flexible attitude.
- Ability to relate to staff at all organizational levels; ability to work on a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working and interpersonal relationships.
- Experience working with personnel of all ages, denominations and ethnicities.
- Passion for East Asia and reaching its peoples for God’s glory.
- Experience in short-term cross-cultural ministry and leadership experienced preferred.
- Minimum three-year commitment.
The salary for this position is “support-based.” This means that, similar to most OMF Mobilization personnel based in the U.S., the Serve Asia Program Coordinator is asked to raise the budget for the position’s salary. This decreases the amount of finances our cross-cultural missionaries need to contribute to our U.S. ministry. OMF will provide training and a personal mentor to guide you through the support-raising process.
Share this Post