This role will create and manage resources that facilitate prayer for East Asia through tools such as the OMF Prayer App, MailChimp, and Powerlines (Monthly prayer updates mailed and emailed to over 2,000 pray partners). This role is responsible for creating onramps that engage growing movements of prayer by interfacing with modern technology; relevant and timely strategies.
The salary for this position is “support-based.” This means that similar to most OMF (U.S.) Mobilization personnel; the Prayer Resource/Content Coordinator is asked to raise the funds needed for the position’s full budget. This is done by forming a Partnership Team that provides the financial resources and prayers necessary to serve. OMF will provide training and mentorship to facilitate the Partnership Development process.
Major Responsibilities Creating prayer tools for prayer mobilization:
- Maintain vision, set direction and create strategies for mobilizing prayer utilizing prayer content and tools.
- Work closely with teams throughout the Mobilization Department to facilitate inter-team camaraderie and onramps for prayer mobilizers.
- Work with the Prayer Mobilization Team to develop and promote strategies (materials, trainings, prayer events, etc.) for individuals or communities in order to connect them to the ministry of prayer.
- Assist all members of the prayer mobilization team in understanding the prayer tools created.
- Ensure thorough training for volunteers in prayer mobilization strategies.
- Keep the Prayer Team and OMF Mobilizers up-to-date on the prayer app’s features.
- Work with the Communications Department on promoting the OMF Prayer App.
- Create, maintain, and operate MailChimp for professional communication and metrics with US staff, Home Assignees, Retirees, Volunteers, Churches, and Prayer Group Leaders.