Supervised by: Advocacy Director
Status: Part-time (15 hours/week), non-exempt
Location: Littleton, CO, US
God has given OMF a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. To do this, OMF seeks to “mobilize” (train, equip and encourage) individuals and churches to become more involved with long-term ministry among East Asia’s peoples. By strategically representing and advocating for OMF, the Advocacy Team encourages and empowers inquirers to discover their role in advancing the gospel within East Asia.
The Advocacy Events Coordinator will assist in all areas dealing with events, development of new materials related to advocacy and provided assistant to the Advocacy Director and representatives (volunteer or staff).
Assist the Advocacy Director with Administration, Execution, and Assessment of Advocacy Strategy:
- Work closely with the Advocacy Director to ensure proper Advocacy communication of vision/strategy and execution in equipping mobilizers to advocate and represent at conferences and events.
- Assist the Advocacy Director in identifying and managing a calendar of upcoming strategic events (keeping track of deadlines, requests from conferences, etc).
- In collaboration with Advocacy Director, assist/manage pre-event logistics such as registration, payments, shipping materials, bookings for hotel, and travel logistics.
- Help develop and maintain event tracking and evaluation – utilizing historical data and forward-looking trends.
- Track and manage Advocacy departmental budget, conference registration, travel, and representative reimbursement and other expenses.
- Assist the Advocacy Director in encouraging and equipping Advocacy team members and event / conference representatives.
- Assist the Advocacy Director in creating and updating Advocacy conference materials and training manuals (collaborate with Communications Team on projects).
- Manage and organize Advocacy inventory (displays, handouts, giveaways, etc.).
- Manage the shipping and tracking of Advocacy materials to conferences and/or mobilizers attending local gatherings.
Pray for new workers:
- Set aside specific time to pray for Advocacy team members, new inquirers, and short/long-term workers in application.
- Love for Jesus Christ and growing relationship with him.
- Sense of calling to mobilize and invest in others for God’s glory among the nations.
- Passion for East Asia and reaching its peoples for God’s glory.
- A humble heart to invest in others preparing to serve God in missions.
- Be an organized and passionate leader.
- Able to train and lead others in doing vital ministry.
- A self-starter and motivator with the ability to plan and work
- A critical thinker, able to evaluate and discern between various venues and opportunities.
- Able to work with a diverse and geographically spread-out team.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and personnel databases.
- Able to relate to staff at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment and ability to handle personal information
This is an hourly 15 hours per week non-exempt position. Compensation will be between $13 - $15 per hour, based on experience.
How to apply
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to OMF (U.S.) at email@example.com.