God has given OMF a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. Serve Asia is OMF’s short-term (2 weeks–11 months) missions discipleship program. Participants strategically contribute to the ongoing work in East Asia, experience cross-cultural ministry first-hand and grow closer to God as they serve in East Asia. The Serve Asia Program Coordinator coordinates excellent short-term teams in order to advance the gospel in East Asia.
- Prepare logistics and execute plans (dates, ministry, budget, travel, training, debriefing etc.) to facilitate an effective, challenging short-term experience for each team and individual.
- Work with other Serve Asia staff for program planning and further development as part of continually improving the overall Serve Asia program.
- Correspond with inquirers and pray with them for God’s guidance in team placement.
- Review and screen applicants for acceptance on a Serve Asia team.
- Assist with training, debriefing and follow-up of the Serve Asia workers.
- Facilitate effective, thorough communication between the team leader and field workers.