God has given OMF International a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. Serve Asia is OMF International’s short-term (two weeks-six months) missions discipleship program. Participants strategically contribute to the on-going work in East Asia, experience cross-cultural ministry first-hand and grow closer to God as they serve in East Asia.
The Hospitality Network Coordinator organizes resources from local volunteers to provide member care to missionaries on home assignment.
Supervised by: Home Assignee Care Coordinators
Supervises: Hospitality Representatives
Relates closely with: Local Area Teams
Status: Volunteer, minimum eight hours per month
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
Develop a network of resources:
- Develop a strategic plan for member care using resources from volunteers in local areas.
- Recruit and train representatives of the OMF Hospitality Network.
- Compile and maintain a database of hospitality volunteers and resources from around the country.
- Provide communication to volunteers within the Hospitality Network.
- Report on the monthly status of local area networks to the OMF (U.S.) Home Assignee Care Coordinators.
Respond to requests for help:
- Accept requests for care from the Home Assignee Care Coordinators and coordinate hospitality efforts in local areas.
- Collect feedback from missionaries on care they received.
Prays for new workers for East Asia:
- Set aside specific time to pray for OMF leadership, new workers, the volunteer ministry and its effectiveness.
- Love for Jesus Christ and growing relationship with him.
- Sense of calling to mobilize and invest in others for God’s glory among the nations.
- A motivator who is able to lead and recruit others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working and interpersonal relationships.