God has given OMF a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. To do this, OMF seeks to recruit, select and equip individuals to become more involved—or “mobilized”—for God’s work in East Asia.
The Group Facilitator facilitates a missional small group that encourages, nurtures and prepares participants as they get more involved in the six ways to reach God’s world: praying, learning, going, sending, welcoming and mobilizing.
Supervised by: Area Mobilizer
Supervises: Core team and group participants
Relates closely with: All Bridge Asia Ministries
Number needed: As many as possible
Status: Volunteer, minimum eight hours per month with one-year commitment
Facilitate one or more missions-minded small groups:
- Gather a group of 4-12 people interested in a missions small group.
- Identify and mentor potential core leaders within the group.
- Prepare and pray for group meetings.
- Adapt the provided materials and facilitate a group meeting.
- Invite speakers as appropriate.
- Multiply the group through encouraging core members to start their own groups.
- Give regular progress reports to the Area Mobilizer.
Shepherd group participants:
- Assess the journey of each attendee and encourage next steps of involvement with OMF, as appropriate.
- Meet occasionally to coach participants outside of the group time, as appropriate.
- Attend the annual Mobilization Conference in Denver, if possible.
- Set aside specific time to pray for OMF leadership, new workers, the volunteer ministry and its effectiveness.
- Pray regularly for group participants.
- Love for Jesus Christ and growing relationship with him.
- Passion for East Asian peoples for God’s glory.
- A humble heart to invest in others preparing to serve God in missions.
- Sufficient verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and personnel databases.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working and interpersonal relationships.
- A self-starter and motivator, able to proactively plan.
- A teachable spirit and flexible attitude.