Passionate mission shaped
by God over 150 years.
by God over 150 years.
OMF International is a worldwide organization united around a common call and passion: to reach the unreached peoples of East Asia with the hope of the gospel. Founded by James Hudson Taylor, we have a rich legacy and more than 150 years of vibrant service to East Asia’s people. We desire to continue what Taylor started until every unreached people group has heard the name of Jesus. There are still many to reach and many ways to serve. Come be part of what God is doing through OMF International and OMF (U.S).
We share the good news of Jesus Christ in all its fullness with East Asia’s peoples to the glory of God.
As advocates for every people group in East Asia, we encourage, enable and equip the body of Christ to serve God’s purposes among them.
Through God’s grace, we aim to see an indigenous, biblical church movement in each people group of East Asia, evangelizing their own people and reaching out in mission to other peoples.
We will see growing movements of God’s people, prayer and resources released and upheld to bring the hope of Christ to East Asia’s people.
1. We trust in God.
- Praying as an expression of faith is an integral part of our life and service.
- Depending on God for holy living, fruit in our work and for all our needs.
- Inviting others to join us in a life of faith and prayer.
2. We are a fellowship.
- Pursuing our vision and mission together.
- Caring for and supporting each other and sharing resources.
- Encouraging and enhancing each other’s effectiveness.
3. We are passionate to reach the unreached.
- Keeping a sharp focus on the neglected frontiers.
- Constantly evaluating and innovating in line with our vision.
- Taking prayerful risks and persevering with the task God has given us.
4. We practice incarnational ministry.
- Identifying with the people and living an appropriate lifestyle.
- Learning culture, language and worldview.
- Working in ways that encourage indigenous movements.
5. We partner in ministry.
- With sending churches globally.
- With local churches in the ministry context.
- With likeminded Christians and mission agencies.
6. We lead from the ministry context.
- Strategy is developed by those engaged in the ministry.
- Structures, administration and policies are designed to serve the ministry.
- Home and field work together to accomplish the ministry objectives.
7. We celebrate diversity in unity.
- Valuing the diversity that God has given us in OMF International, such as ethnic, denominational, generational, personality, gifts and gender.
- Respecting one another and maintaining our unity in Christ.
- Fostering unity and cooperation among Christians.