6 WAYS TO REACH GOD’S WORLD
LEARN. PRAY. GO. SEND. WELCOME. MOBILIZE.
OMF International and the Perspectives Study Program have a vision to see an ever-growing number of believers get involved in seeing the gospel of Jesus preached to every people group on earth. But what practical ways are there for the average Christian to be involved? 6 Ways to Reach God’s World is a series of brief videos that help you discover how you can be involved through learning with intention, prayer, going cross-culturally as messengers of the gospel, sending (which includes giving), welcoming internationals around you and even mobilizing others for all of these strategic roles.
Each of the 6 Ways to Reach God’s World videos gives an overview of one way to be involved in reaching God’s world in just five minutes. The videos interview individuals whom God has called to action in that particular role. Each segment ends with practical next step suggestions. These five-minute videos are ideal discussion starters for small-group or large-class settings, and can easily be shown in six sessions.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to learn how to download the 6 Ways to Reach God’s World videos and a Discussion Guide for free. Additionally a DVD-Rom of all seven videos plus bonus continuous play version is available.
- Read a missionary biography. See OMF Books and YWAM Publishing.
- Pray for people you see in world news reports.
- Take a course like Perspectives on the World Christian Movement.
- Go to the library and check out books about countries or people groups that interest you. Visit JoshuaProject.net.
- Use the internet to explore different areas of the world.
- Use The Beauty of Partnership Study Guide for deeper understanding of partnerships.
- Join a Global Ministry Group in your area.
- Do an internship at a missions agency or missions committee.
- Ask God to show you for whom you should pray.
- Sign up to receive prayer letters or e-mail updates from workers and pray regularly for them.
- Request country- or people-specific prayer points for your computer or mobile phone.
- Join or start a prayer group through your church or among your friends.
- Purchase the Operation World book and pray for people in a different country each day.
- Check our our prayer resources.
- Go on a short-term “prayer journey” trip to another country.
- Take the Ropes Course to help others get involved In prayer.
- Go on a short-term cross-cultural trip with your church or college group.
- Use your profession to share the good news and Christ’s love among the nations.
- Students can go on a “back and forth” trip with their college group or seminary. Serve Asia is one opportunity.
- Contact a few mission agencies to see how they might utilize your skills short term or long term.
- Use your skills in overseas opportunities.
- Pray about a missions worker God might want you to encourage.
- Create a local sending group. Consider sending care packages.
- Encourage a missions worker by e-mail, Facebook®, telephone or Skype® webcam call.
- Share a meal, your professional skills, a car or guest room with a missions worker.
- Financially support a missionary or project.
- Plan a trip with your life group to visit missionaries where they serve.
- Start/join a home ministry team to encourage/support a missionary.
- Welcome missionaries home in practical ways.
- Help retire debt of recent grads who want to be missionaries.
- Become a friendship partner with an international student through organizations like International Students Inc.
- Introduce yourself to internationals in your neighborhood or while shopping.
- Start an English class for internationals at your church.
- Volunteer at a food bank or refugee outreach.
- Connect with a local welcome ministry to a specific people group.
- Go to a seminar on reaching your East Asian neighbor.
- Advocate for a people group or a cause.
- Invite friends to an internationally-focused class or event.
- Volunteer with a mission organization.
- Facilitate a Global Ministry Group to help your friends in their missions journey.
- Invite a friend to join you on a short-term trip.
- Help bring a global vision course like Perspectives on the World Christian Movement to your church.
- Invite The Traveling Team to your campus ministry.
- Facilitate a Global Ministry Group where people can learn about missions.
- Serve as a short-term missions mentor.
We are pleased to offer these videos for free!
You may also purchase these videos on a DVD-Rom which includes a continuous play version and printable discussion guides at OMFBooks. If you would like to download the Two Session Discussion Guide or the Six Session Discussion Guide click one of the buttons below.
Six Session Discussion Guide
Two Session Discussion Guide
If for any reason you have difficulty with the downloads above, here are steps for an alternate method.
1. Go to Vimeo.com.
2. Create your own free membership and log in.
3. Search for 6 Ways to Reach God’s World and make your selection.
4. Below the video click “Download this Video.”