We share the good news of Jesus Christ in all its fullness with East Asia’s peoples to the glory of God.
Read Peter Rowan’s article on the mission statement here
Through God’s grace, we aim to see an indigenous, biblical church movement in each people group of East Asia, evangelising their own people and reaching out in mission to other peoples.
What we Believe
In the light of our nature as an international, cross-cultural, Christian mission committed to glorify God through the urgent evangelisation of East Asia’s millions, and for the sake of clarity and integrity in all our work and relationships, we humbly declare the following fundamental truths of the Christian faith and mission:
- We believe in the one, holy, sovereign, creating and redeeming God, eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of the Bible, its infallible teaching and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct; and its normative value for all peoples, at all times, in all cultures.
- We believe that all people without distinction are made in the image of God, but all are now sinners and have incurred both God’s holy wrath and their own shame and guilt. All are therefore in utter need of redemption.
- We believe in Jesus Christ our Lord, the incarnate Son of God, uniquely God-man and the only Saviour. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death, bodily resurrection and ascension. We believe He has achieved the final defeat of Satan and all evil powers.
- We believe in the justification of sinners by God’s grace, through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit and His convicting, regenerating, sanctifying and reviving work. He guides and empowers individuals and churches in their service to God and all people.
- We believe in the unity and priesthood of all believers who together form the one, holy, universal, apostolic church.
- We believe in the visible, personal return of Jesus Christ in power and great glory to judge both the living and the dead. We believe that the Scriptures set out only two destinies for humanity; the joyful prospect of eternal life in the presence of God for those who have received Christ and the agonising prospect of eternal separation from God for those who have rejected Him.
As an evangelistic mission, in fellowship with local churches in many countries, we are called to be a worshipping, praying and caring fellowship committed to worldwide evangelism. We rejoice in our partnership with local churches on all continents and pray that God will make us a humble, vigorous, attractive fellowship, bringing the good news especially to those who have never heard of Jesus Christ.
What do we do?
We care for the uncared for. Sick people. Alcoholics. The exploited, abused, poor. Prosperous but lonely. Young and old. Religious and non-religious. Businessmen, students, factory workers and many others.
We work closely with churches at home and in close partnership with the Church in East Asia; doing so in teeming mega-cities, remote villages and among tribal peoples.
We share and show the love of Christ to East Asians in Asia and in other countries too, including the UK.
We support each other by sharing information and experiences, especially through our prayer materials and events.
We place people of all ages – young people who want to go to Asia for a short time – and professionals who will go out with OMF on a long term basis.
Whatever your background or training, we can find the place for you.