God told the Israelites, “Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt” (Exodus 23:9). In the same spirit, Jesus tells us, “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:39). Speaking for Western Christians, I don’t think most of us fully grasp the implications of...
Thailand needs the Gospel. If the Lord calls you to serve Him for long term service in Thailand, joining OMF would be a great choice for the following reasons:
- We are reaching the unreached. Many of the 369 churches with links to the OMF were the first church in their district. We continue to go to the spiritually neediest areas.
- We are focussing on planting churches that are self-sustainable and that multiply. Our missionaries are not pastors, but catalysts.
- We have a great language and culture program to help you become an effective missionary.
- As the largest mission organisation in Thailand, with over 100 missionaries, we have a great infrastructure to support you in life and ministry (e.g. church planting training, learning from experienced missionaries, medical advisor, support for home schoolers).
- OMF has an excellent relationship with the national church in Thailand, which opens many doors for ministry.
- We highly value prayer. You will have people from many countries praying for your ministry.
- We are committed to let everybody use his spiritual gifts to the fullest, and have many opportunities besides direct church planting.
- We have several support roles to fill, and the people in support roles are an important and valued part of our team.