OMF International general director Patrick Fung writes: Recently I have been reading through the book of 1 Kings and noticed a repeated phrase throughout the book: “his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God…” (1 King 11:4; 15:3) I was particularly struck by the word “fully”. The Kings of Israel continued to...
Khup Ngaihte was born in Manipur, India which is next to the western border of Burma/Myanmar. He lived in India for the first five years of his life before his family moved to Thailand. While his parents worked as church planters and missionaries in Bangkok, Khup went to boarding schools in Malaysia, Chiang Mai in north Thailand, and Manila (Philippines).
Khup studied at Biola University (Los Angeles, USA) for his undergraduate degree in Sociology and was able to do minor studies in Biblical Studies. After working full-time for a year, he decided to go to graduate school. He attended Fuller Seminary (Los Angeles, USA) for a Master’s in Cross Cultural Studies – with minor studies in Missions and Children-At-Risk Ministry – and graduated in June 2011. Another year of full-time work passed by and Khup decided to come back to live in Asia, and lived in Chiang Mai for 3 years from 2012-2015.
Khup moved to Bangkok and joined OMF Thailand in 2015 as the Serve Asia Coordinator (short-term placements), and the Candidate Coordinator (mid-term and long-term placements). His roles involve communication with people from all over the world, including potential workers who are interested in OMF’s work and also current missionaries on the field. Once the volunteers or teams come to Thailand, Khup does the Orientation and then Debrief with them as well, while also organizing the logistics (travel plans, accommodation, meals, etc). In June 2016, Khup was asked to join the Serve Asia Coordinators Committee for 2 years, which he gladly accepted.
• Serve Asia Coordinator & Candidate Coordinator
• Administrative work in preparing new workers for the field.
• Communicating with Home Sides (sending centers) about potential placements.
• Communicating with field leadership (Field Director, Regional Leaders) about available placements
• Hospitality to Volunteers and Teams that come for Serve Asia Thailand placements.
• Other office-related assignments for the Field Headquarters in Bangkok.
• Visiting all 5 regions of OMF Thailand to observe the ministry of current missionaries.
• Serving on the Serve Asia Coordinators Committee from 2016-2018.