We are an international society of evangelical Christians united by God in the task of introducing East Asians to Jesus. Membership is open to Christians of every ethnic and cultural background.
Since 1865, OMF has been committed to share the good news of Jesus Christ in all its fullness with East Asia’s peoples to the glory of God. We work with local churches to proclaim Jesus Christ as the Saviour for all people.
We aim to see indigenous, biblical church-planting movements in each people group, evangelising their own people and reaching out in mission to others. To that end, we send willing, skilful workers to sixteen countries across Asia to live and work in a variety of capabilities- from direct roles in evangelism and discipleship to church planting and Bible translation, to professional arenas such as medicine, education, social work and communications, even in business management, administrative and logistical support to keep things running.
A challenge for OMF as the world gets smaller is to harness the challenges and opportunities it presents with a range of strategic initiatives for introducing East Asians to Jesus.
We equip and empower believers to engage in missions that lead to transformed communities amongst East Asian peoples.
To see vibrant partnerships for effective mobilisation of believers leading to transformed communities of East Asian peoples.
Our Core Values
We TRUST in God.
We are a FELLOWSHIP.
We are Passionate to Reach the UNREACHED.
We Practice INCARNATIONAL Ministry.
We PARTNER in Ministry.
We LEAD from the MINISTRY Context.
We Celebrate DIVERSITY IN UNITY.
We EMBRACE the need for AGILITY in this age of disruptions.
Our motivation in mission
Our motivation in mission is to glorify God and thus we are united in our common purpose of the urgent evangelisation of East Asia’s peoples and the mobilisation of the church world-wide to that end. We are committed to the Bible’s authority over our lives and ministry, and gladly submit ourselves to the Lordship of Christ.
We seek to live authentic Christian lives that flow from dependence upon the indwelling Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. We endeavour to practice a pattern of life both personal and corporate which reflects trust in the living God for material provision, victory over sin and fruitfulness in ministry.
We acknowledge prayer as a vital part of our fellowship together and thus set aside times for both individual and corporate prayer. We recognise that we are engaged in a spiritual warfare and depend upon the prayers of our supporting churches and ministry partners to see spiritual breakthrough and victory in ministry.
Integral Missions: Our Heartbeat
The mission field in East Asia is ever-changing, and even more rapidly in recent times. Besides ‘traditional’ missions in church planting, from towns & villages into the cities that is still important today, we recognise the need for missions that is both indigenous (locally-led) and integral (evangelism through a balance of the Word and deed)- meeting needs, adding value and giving livelihoods to the locals through professional work in various fields and scopes. The opportunities are vast, diverse, and urgent.
Reaching the Unreached in Places where there is no church yet.
Establishing Churches and Ministries faithful to the Gospel in the communities.
The core call of Christian faith is discipleship through Evangelism, Establishing, Equipping and Empowering the locals to do likewise for their communities.
We present the needs of East Asia to churches and individuals through different means and mediums to stimulate prayer, challenge Christians to service, and encourage sacrificial giving.
Network & Partnerships
We partner churches and like-minded mission organizations in sending countries to mobilize, develop, and support members for effective service.
Diaspora & Returnee Ministry
We are called to reach out and minister to the East Asian Internationals in our midst, and to equip their faith as they return to their home country.
Business As/And Missions & Marketplace Ministry
We partner Christian professionals who want to be involved in missions through their jobs and areas of expertise, enabling them to be spheres of influence to their employees and to use their God-given professions to give livelihoods to the locals, so as to contribute to the society.
In the light of our nature as an international, cross-cultural, Christian mission committed to glorify God through the urgent evangelisation of East Asia’s millions, and for the sake of clarity and integrity in all our work and relationships, we humbly declare the following fundamental truths of the Christian faith and mission:
- We believe in the one, holy, sovereign, creating and redeeming God, eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of the Bible, its infallible teaching and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct; and its normative value for all peoples, at all times, in all cultures.
- We believe that all people without distinction are made in the image of God, but all are now sinners and have incurred both God’s holy wrath and their own shame and guilt. All are therefore in utter need of redemption.
- We believe in Jesus Christ our Lord, the incarnate Son of God, uniquely God-man and the only Saviour. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death, bodily resurrection and ascension. We believe He has achieved the final defeat of Satan and all evil powers.
- We believe in the justification of sinners by God’s grace, through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit and His convicting, regenerating, sanctifying and reviving work. He guides and empowers individuals and churches in their service to God and all people.
- We believe in the unity and priesthood of all believers who together form the one, holy, universal, apostolic church.
- We believe in the visible, personal return of Jesus Christ in power and great glory to judge both the living and the dead. We believe that the Scriptures set out only two destinies for humanity; the joyful prospect of eternal life in the presence of God for those who have received Christ and the agonising prospect of eternal separation from God for those who have rejected Him.
As an evangelistic mission, in fellowship with local churches in many countries, we are called to be a worshiping, praying and caring fellowship committed to worldwide evangelism. We rejoice in our partnership with local churches on all continents, and pray that God will make us a humble, vigorous, attractive fellowship, bringing the good news especially to those who have never heard of Jesus Christ.