OMF International (the Fellowship) serves to glorify God by sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with East Asia’s peoples. The position is based in Singapore at the International Centre for the Fellowship. The Cook is part of the Catering team and reports to the Guest Home Manager. The Cook is someone who fully embraces OMF values and beliefs, and wants to use his/her gifts for God’s glory.
Main Areas of Work
The role involves:
- Preparing and serving a 2-4 course set menu meal for groups ranging from 5 to 75 persons.
- Cleaning up and washing after meals.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining room.
- Preparing menus, ordering provisions, and maintaining inventory levels
- Performing work assignments as directed by direct supervisor.
Required Knowledge and Skill Set
The person who we are looking for is:
- A Singapore citizen or permanent resident.
- Someone with the necessary cooking skills
- Has the ability to plan and cook a 2-4 course set menu meal for groups ranging from 5 to 75 persons.
- A team player, with people skills.
- Flexible to take on different jobs and changing schedules, as demand for meals may be unpredictable
- Able to work in warm, oily and humid environments.
- Able to stand continuously for long periods.
- Able to life heavy items such as large quantities of ingredients, commercial kitchen equipment, and large trays of food.
- Able to work 5 days/week, including evenings and Saturdays.
- Able to ensure portion controls are strictly adhered to.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to handle the privileges and challenges of working with people of many different nationalities.
- Proficient in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, please forward your resume indicating your earliest availability, current and expected salary through one of the following channels:
- Email: email@example.com;
- Post: OMF International, Attn: Karla, 2 Cluny Road, Singapore 259570.