Material is classified according to confidentiality and security restrictions. Access will be governed by these restrictions and must be adhered to in all cases.
- Unrestricted Material (A1):
Material that was originally produced for public distribution or is in the public domain. (e.g. China’s Millions, East Asia’s Millions, books, prayer guides, audio-visual material, etc.)
- Unrestricted to researchers within OMF (A4, B1, B2).
Restricted access to other researchers subject to the approval of the ICMR or appropriate Director (e.g. items that were originally for general circulation within OMF/CIM, such as OMF Bulletin, Prayer Directories, newsletters and prayer letters, Chefoo school newsletters, OMF produced audio/visual material, photographs)
- Restricted – no access for 25 years. (B3)*
Items that were originally distributed within OMF administration or produced for a specific group within OMF (e.g. meeting minutes, letters between Directors, communications for specific fields)
- Restricted – no access for 50 years. (C)*
Items that were originally confidential (e.g. private correspondence, personal prayer letters, items marked confidential)
- Restricted – Confidential personnel and medical records
Access to the files of retired, resigned, or deceased members are restricted to the GD and ICP or those to whom they give permission. Medical records may be accessed by the GD, ICP, IMA, and their designated staff.
* Material may be accessed by the General Director, International Coordinator for Missions Research, and archivist for registration, maintenance, and preservation, and in some cases to answer research queries requiring specific facts. Information obtained from these sources is only released following approval by the GD and/or ICMR.