Mission Discipleship Training
2 – 28 February, 2020
CHIANG MAI, THAILAND
for your Serve Asia short-term mission placement
from and be mentored by missionaries
your heart, mind and hands for service
with other Serve Asia workers from around the world
what God is doing amongst East Asia’s peoples
and live amongst East Asia’s peoples
Launch is a one month mission discipleship course designed to equip participants for their cross-cultural ministry placement. It is conducted in collaboration with the Asian Cross-cultural Training Institute (ACTI).
Throughout the four week training course, modules will be taught focused on:
- ministry and practical skills
- spiritual formation and personal development
- biblical and intercultural studies
Modules will be taught by guest lecturers and OMF missionaries. Participants will be encouraged to reflect on what they’ve learned as well as develop a ministry plan for their placement and focus people group. The Serve Asia Launch Course also includes day trips to visit ministries and time for reflection. Mission mentors will meet with participants and will be available throughout a participant’s placement with Serve Asia through virtual mentoring.
Ministry & Practical Skills
- OMF & East Asia’s Peoples: Mission, Vision and Values
- Serve Asia and Mission Discipleship
- Personal Evangelism, Discipleship and Making Disciples
- Spiritual Warfare
- Church Planting, Multiplication, and Strategy Development
- Practical Tasks and Administration
- Faithfulness & Fruitfulness in Ministry and Teams
- Security, Risks, and Emergencies
- Mobilization, Communication & Social Media
Spiritual Formation & Personal Development
- Sustainable Spiritual Formation in Missions
- Self Awareness & Boundaries
- Soul & Self Care
- Gospel of Grace
- Serving with Others & Conflict Management
- Servanthood and Incarnation
- Singles in Mission & Living in Community
- Culture Shock and Stress
Biblical and Intercultural Studies: Engaging with Culture
- Bible and Mission
- Phonetics and Linguistics
- Acculturation, Worldview and East/West Cultures
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Honor and Shame in an Asian Context
- Global Trends in Mission and the Task Unfinished
- World Religions
- Historical Overview of Mission in East Asia
WHO IS IT FOR?
The course is designed for those planning to serve for 6-12 months with OMF. Those serving for less than 6 months can also attend if spaces are available. Participants come from around the world and will be serving in different countries and ministries across East Asia’s peoples.
USD $650 per person
Includes: shared accommodation, meals, and course classes.
Excludes: travel to and from Thailand, insurance, internal transport, pocket money, and visa costs (if needed).