By using our website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What we collect
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and any visits you make to the website (including IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, and number of page views etc.). This information is not connected to you personally.
- Information on any transactions you make with us, including any donations or payment for events, amounting to name, address, and amount.
- Name and address information (including phone numbers and email addresses) that you give us for the purpose of subscribing to services (such as our email updates) or publications (such as our Serving Asia magazine).
Sometimes when we ask for contact details we may include a tick box for you to opt in to our regular mailings. If you choose to opt out, then simply leave the box unchecked.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- The anonymous information we collect about your computer is used for market research and statistic gathering purposes from time to time.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law. We will only disclose your personal information, without notice, when required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on OMF New Zealand or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of OMF New Zealand; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Interserve.org.nz, or the public.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us by writing to PO Box 10 159, Dominion Rd, Auckland 1446, New Zealand, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a copy.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to this Policy