God is on the move in East Asia!
Open your heart, use your skills, stretch your faith.
Serve Asia is OMF’s short-term missions discipleship programme. Go on a cross-cultural missions exposure trip or use your skills to serve a people group you have a heart for.
At Serve Asia, we are committed to journey with you from the time of inquiry until you have returned from the field (process pictured on the right).
*Application process must begin at least 5-6 months before your trip*
LEARNING FROM THE POOR
The locals were from a poor community yet they were very cheerful and positive about their lives. We learned not to judge them but to be humble and associate with them, like Jesus would.
– SAW Team, 2017
Prior to this trip, Father provided me a volunteer to translate all my lecture slides on diabetes education – was a great help! I was able to share my knowledge and experience with the local nurses and patients. Was an enriching experience!
– Yong L. M., 2017
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
More than “doing”, grow as you:
– Experience: Discover God, yourself and the locals; serving alongside long-term workers
– Engage: Interact, observe and tune in to God’s heart.
– Explore: Test your calling and find your place in missions.
Where Can I Go?
Individual and team placements are available across 17 countries in East Asia.
– Duration: 1 week to 12 months
– Cost: Varies depending on location and duration
Note: All applicants must raise their own support or be self-supported.
What Opportunities Does Serve Asia Offer?
Individuals and teams can consider mission trips that involve:
– Missions Exposure Trips (recommended for church teams)
– Professional Skills
– Student Outreach
– Medical Work
– Media & Technology
– Prayer Journey
– Children’s Work
– Teaching English
– Sports Ministry
– Creative Ministry (Design/Photography/Videography)
How Do I Get Started?
1. Create an Opportunities account
2. Email our Serve Asia Coordinator at email@example.com to find out more!
3. Take note that your application process must begin at least 5 – 6 months before your trip.