6 WAYS TO REACH GOD’S WORLD
LEARN. PRAY. GO. SEND. WELCOME. MOBILIZE.
OMF International and Perspectives Canada have a vision to see an ever-growing number of believers get involved in seeing the gospel of Jesus preached to every people group on earth. But what practical ways are there for the average Christian to be involved? 6 Ways to Reach God’s World is a series of brief videos that help you discover how you can be involved through learning with intention, praying, going cross-culturally as messengers of the gospel, sending (which includes giving), welcoming internationals around you and even mobilizing others for all of these strategic roles.
Each of the 6 Ways to Reach God’s World videos gives an overview of one way to be involved in reaching God’s world in just five minutes. The videos interview individuals whom God has called to action in that particular role. Each segment ends with practical next step suggestions. These five-minute videos are ideal discussion starters for small-group or large-class settings and can easily be shown in six sessions.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to learn how to download the 6 Ways to Reach God’s World videos and a Discussion Guide for free.
- Read a missionary biography. Browse our bookstore.
- Go to the library and check out books about countries or people groups that interest you. Visit JoshuaProject.net.
- Use the internet to explore different areas of the world.
- Do an internship at a missions agency or missions committee.
- Learn about countries, religions, and unreached people groups in East Asia using the Internet. Don’t know where to start? Visit our Countries and Religions pages.
- Use missions resources such as the “China Resource Pack” (available from OMF).
- Pray following the Operation World book by Patrick Johnstone.
- Enroll in the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course.
- Explore missions materials from Caleb Resources.
- Ask the Lord to show you who He wants you to pray for and which worker’s prayer team to be part of.
- Sign up to receive prayer letters or e-mail updates from workers and pray regularly for them.
- Correspond with that worker, receive his or her prayer letter and pray regularly.
- Join or start a prayer group through your church or among your friends.
- Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to receive prayer requests, updates, and notifications of prayer events.
- Request country- or people-specific prayer points
- Purchase the Operation World book and pray for people in a different country each day with your church or your fellowship.
- Go on a short-term “prayer journey” trip to another country.
- Sign up for e-mails, bulletins, or magazines from mission organizations working around the world.
- Watch news stories and ask the Lord to show you how to pray about events from His perspective.
- Pray through prayer guides about specific countries or people groups.
- Use your profession to share the good news of Christ’s love among the nations.
- Contact a few mission agencies to see how they might utilize your skills short-term or long-term.
- Use your skills in overseas opportunities.
- Go for the long-term as a cross-cultural worker.
- Go for less time. Most mission agencies offer medium-term opportunities, often one to three years.
- Go as a “finisher”—people in their late 40s or 50s who “finish” their professional careers on the mission field.
- Go on a short-term mission trip. We regularly send short-term workers through our Serve Asia program.
- Go as a “tentmaker”—use your profession to share the gospel among the nations.
- Go on a “vision trip” to a part of the world God draws you to.
- Pray about and write to a worker or missionary God might want you to encourage.
- Encourage a worker or missionary by e-mail, Facebook®, telephone, or Skype® webcam call.
- Share a meal, your professional skills, a car, or guest room with a worker or missionary.
- Financially support a worker, missionary, or project.
- Plan a trip with your life group or fellowship to visit missionaries where they serve.
- Start/join a home ministry team to encourage/support a worker or missionary.
- Welcome missionaries home in practical ways.
- Help retire debt of recent grads who want to be missionaries.
- Donate your skills (as an accountant, doctor, et cetera).
- Donate frequent-flyer miles to a missionary.
- Offer storage space for missionaries’ possessions.
- Provide a car for missionaries to use in your area.
- Open a home/apartment for missionaries to use while in their home country.
- Offer a cottage, condo, beach house, chalet, or other housing to visiting missionaries.
- Check out the information on our Diaspora page.
- Introduce yourself to internationals in your neighbourhood or while shopping.
- “Adopt a newcomer to Canada.
- Start an English class for internationals at your church.
- Start a Bible study for international students.
- Volunteer at a food bank or refugee outreach.
- Connect with a local welcome ministry to a specific people group.
- Go to a seminar on reaching your East Asian neighbour.
- Attend international holiday events (for example Chinese New Year, Japanese Spring Festival, Oktoberfest) and meet people.
- Host events to celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, Canada Day, et cetera.
- Partner with organizations such as International Student Ministry Canada or Inter-Varsity.
- Offer international students help with rides for groceries and other errands.
- Host an “Around Town” event: take internationals new to your area on a tour of different points of interest.
- Offer English classes for internationals through your church.
- Advocate for a people group or a cause.
- Invite friends to an internationally-focused class or an OMF event.
- Invite a friend to join you on a short-term missions trip.
- Organize a missions event at your church, school, or Christian community.
- Set up a missions table at your church or college.
- Encourage your pastor to show mission and outreach videos in services.
- Organize a class with a missions focus.
- Bring the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course to your church.
- Invite a friend to a mission conference or MissionFest event
- Join/volunteer with OMF or another mission agency’s mobilization team.
- Invite our Partnership Team to your campus ministry.
We are pleased to offer these videos for free!
You may also purchase these videos on a DVD-Rom which includes a continuous play version and printable discussion guides at OMF Books. If you would like to download the Two Session Discussion Guide or the Six Session Discussion Guide click one of the buttons below.
Six Session Discussion Guide
Two Session Discussion Guide
If for any reason you have difficulty with the downloads above, here are steps for an alternate method.
1. Go to Vimeo.com.
2. Create your own free membership and log in.
3. Search for 6 Ways to Reach God’s World and make your selection.
4. Below the video click “Download this Video.”