shaped by God since 1865
OMF International worldwide unites around a common call and passion. God has given us a heart for Asia and a desire to bring His hope to billions. It is our heart’s cry to partner with the global church to see individual lives and whole communities redeemed through Jesus. Our vision is to plant churches and nurture in ways that equip the believers to grow God’s kingdom among those around them. There are many ways and opportunities to serve, build relationships, evangelize, and disciple. How might God use you? Join your story with ours!
Through God’s grace, we aim to see an indigenous, biblical church movement in each people group of East Asia, evangelizing their own people and reaching out in mission to other peoples.
“We share the good news of Jesus Christ in all its fullness with East Asia’s peoples to the glory of God.”
1. We trust in God.
- Praying as an expression of faith is an integral part of our life and service.
- Depending on God for holy living, fruit in our work, and for all our needs.
- Inviting others to join us in a life of faith and prayer.
2. We are a fellowship.
- Pursuing our vision and mission together.
- Caring for and supporting each other, and sharing resources.
- Encouraging and enhancing each other’s effectiveness.
3. We are passionate to reach the unreached.
- Keeping a sharp focus on the neglected frontiers.
- Constantly evaluating and innovating in line with our vision.
- Taking prayerful risks and persevering with the task God has given us.
4. We practice incarnational ministry.
- Identifying with the people and living an appropriate lifestyle.
- Learning culture, language, and worldview.
- Working in ways that encourage indigenous movements.
5. We partner in ministry.
- With sending churches globally.
- With local churches in the ministry context.
- With likeminded Christians and mission agencies.
6. We lead from the ministry context.
- Strategy is developed by those engaged in the ministry.
- Structures, administration, and policies are designed to serve the ministry.
- Home and field work together to accomplish the ministry objectives.
7. We celebrate diversity in unity.
- Valuing the diversity that God has given us in OMF International, such as ethnic, denominational, generational, personality, gifts, and gender.
- Respecting one another and maintaining our unity in Christ.
- Fostering unity and cooperation among Christians.