A Message re: COVID-19
“The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.”
Dear OMF Canada partners,
We are writing to share an update on how we are addressing COVID-19 in our operations, and how those changes affect you.
What We Have Done
OMF Canada wants to lead by example in this collective fight against the further rapid spread of the Covid-19 virus, while not succumbing to fear or panic.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we are considering what is best for the health and safety of our staff, our members, and the communities that we serve. It is important to us that we play our part in keeping our communities safe.
We have already taken the following steps to lessen the risk of spreading COVID-19 and are taking further precautions to help address this unique, ever-evolving situation:
- We have set up a COVID-19 Crisis Management Team who will closely monitor the rapidly evolving situation and provide periodic updates as needed.
- We have advised all Canadian active and retired OMF colleagues to avoid all non-essential travel, undergo self-isolation/quarantine when required, and adopt all recommended social distancing measures.
- We will continue to pay remittances and salaries while acknowledging that these additional measures may prevent some members and staff from carrying out some of their regular ministries.
How This Affects You
- The office is now closed to the public and a reduced staff will be present onsite. The phones will be manned intermittently for the duration of this response, so we encourage you to email email@example.com.
- We will continue to send out correspondence by email, but print publications will be interrupted. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- We will continue to process donations and payments. Please do not drop off donations in-person, as we will not be able to accept them. We encourage you to use our online donation platform (CanadaHelps) or to mail in a cheque.
- All face-to-face meetings and gatherings (e.g. prayer meetings, Heart for Asia prayer conferences, etc.) from now until end of May are cancelled, postponed, or migrated to virtual platforms. Please pray for us in this unprecedented time as we find creative ways to continue ministry activity in a way that is wise and considerate of our communities.
With the fluidity of the situation, we may have to further adapt and change in the coming days. We ask you to kindly extend grace to us if we are unable to respond to you or send information out as quickly as normal.
Thank you, as always, for your faithful partnership with us. We are especially grateful to be reminded by your support of us and our ministry work. We encourage each of you to “be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
May the Lord our God bless you and keep you.
The OMF Canada Team
“The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121:8