Thailand – Gospel Contrasts Infographic
Thailand is an open country but the majority of the people are unengaged because there is no personal outreach in the communities where they live.
Thailand is a land of contrasts and this is also true regarding Christianity.
- In Chiang Mai the ratio of Christians to non-Christians is 1/20
- In Lopburi province the ratio is 1/1,50
- 44 million people live in sub-districts without a church – 67% of the population!
If gospel messengers will go to these unengaged people, we will see more churches started, more saved by Christ, more lives and communities transformed. – Mark Leighton, OMF Thailand Team Leader
Trends in Thailand
- The Church has been doubling every 12 years…
- But the number of OMF workers is very slowly shrinking even though the openness to the gospel has never been greater in Thailand!
- Our only limitation is lack of gospel messengers.
- Pray for us to effectively establish reproducing churches and Christians.
- Pray that we would be able to establish disciple making chains that mobilize the new belivers in gospel sharing and mobilising others.
- Pray for effective mobilization so we can use all the opportunities that we have.