It took us seven years from the time the Lord put the burden of the Aomori Christian Center (ACC)# on our hearts until we knelt before the Lord at our commissioning service in the spring of 2015, in the presence of pastors and church leaders from across Aomori Prefecture.
It has been a challenging journey. A little over a year before we arrived, ACC was closed due to a chimney fire during a winter camp program. We came anyway. At first, we only used the staff house for ministry. Then we got permission from the city and the fire department to use the chapel portion of the closed main building. After that, with the help from Noble Mission,* we fixed the Center’s two cabins so that we could reopen for overnight camp programs.
This past summer, ACC was able to host its first summer Bible camps in three years. Our first snow camps were also a time of blessing. Our prayer is that the Lord will raise up the necessary funds so that we can begin construction on a new main building in the summer of 2018 and this important ministry can continue and grow in the next generation.
What does the future hold?
Lord willing, we hope to:
- Expand our Living English program with not only seasonal English camps, but also a regular Sunday evening English language worship service, weekly day camps and song nights, and partnerships with local churches in opening English classes for church outreach.
- Build a student ministry program in partnership with KGK.
- Further develop our Bible camp program and children’s ministry program in partnership with Aomori churches.
- Strengthen our partnership with Hokkaido Bible Institute in providing lay education opportunities.
- Seek new partnerships for youth ministry.
# Aomori Christian Center exist to strengthen local churches by providing our facilities as a place for Christian mission, education, and fellowship. To achieve this mission, we organize or jointly host a wide variety of camps and other programs.
*Noble Mission is a ministry that devotes its time, energy, and resources to constructing church buildings around the world.
Written by Luke.