Location: Victoria & Western Australia (either at a venue provided by you or at the OMF office)
For more info or to book a workshop contact us at:
(03) 9898 9922
(08) 9240 8312
- Six engaging interactive workshops exploring different aspects of mission through activities, games, role plays, guided debrief and discussion.
- Experience many aspects of cross-cultural work, and appreciate missional issues such as different roles in missions, realities of church planting, cross-cultural contextualisation, creative ministries, partnership and more.
- Designed for small or large groups; 6 to 50 people; no limit to group size for workshop 1 and 6.
- Suitable for adults, and youth.
- Each workshop takes 50 minutes.
- Available in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Three 2 hr sessions
- Two 3 hr sessions
- One Day training – complete all 6 workshops on the same day.
1. People Chain: Partners in Kingdom work
- Appreciate the state of the gospel in the world and where the unreached peoples are
- Understand the different roles and their significance within a support team
2. Church Planting Game: Experience cross-cultural church planting ministry
- Encounter the many ups and downs missionaries face on the field
- Choose to focus on church plant in Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, China, Philippines or Cambodia
3. SEED Game: Sharing the gospel in a CAN (Creative Access Nation)
- Experience sharing the gospel in a sensitive context where the Christian message is not welcome
- Grapple with the security issues workers face in a CAN
4. Decisions Game: Communication between the senders and the sent
- Experience some of the decisions Christian workers have to make on the field
- Recognise the importance of communication between the senders and the sent
5. Same but Different: Feel the stretch in crossing cultures
- Experience the challenges of crossing cultures through a card game played without talking
- Appreciate the importance of sharing the gospel in contextualised and relevant ways
6. Creative Ministry: Unconventional ways to reach the unreached
- Explore the need to creatively build bridges to unreached communities
- Practice sharing your own story in 90 seconds