We are OMF International (formerly the China Inland Mission and Overseas Missionary Fellowship), founded by James Hudson Taylor in 1865. We serve the church and bring the gospel to many of the countries in East Asia, and we have a pioneering ministry in the rest. We help place Christians with professional skills in China and other Asian countries, and share the love of Christ with East Asians worldwide.
Vision, Mission and Values
Through God’s grace, we aim to see an indigenous, biblical church movement in each people group of East Asia, evangelizing their own people and reaching out in mission to other peoples.
We share the good news of Jesus Christ in all its fullness with East Asia’s peoples to the glory of God.
1. We TRUST in God
- Praying as an expression of faith is an integral part of our life and service
- Depending on God for holy living, fruit in our work and for all our needs
- Inviting others to join us in a life of faith and prayer
2. We are a FELLOWSHIP
- Pursuing our vision and mission together
- Caring for and supporting each other and sharing resources
- Encouraging and enhancing each other’s effectiveness
3. We are Passionate to Reach the UNREACHED
- Keeping a sharp focus on the neglected frontiers
- Constantly evaluating and innovating in line with our vision
- Taking prayerful risks and persevering with the task God has given us
4. We Practice INCARNATIONAL Ministry
- Identifying with the people and living an appropriate lifestyle
- Learning culture, language and worldview
- Working in ways that encourage indigenous movements
5. We PARTNER in Ministry
- with sending churches globally
- with local churches in the ministry context
- with like-minded Christians and mission agencies
6. We LEAD from the MINISTRY Context
- Strategy is developed by those engaged in the ministry
- Structures, administration and policies are designed to serve the ministry
- Home and field work together to accomplish the ministry objectives
7. We Celebrate DIVERSITY IN UNITY
- Valuing the diversity that God has given us. Such as ethnic, denominational, generational, personality, gifts, gender
- Respecting one another and maintaining our unity in Christ
- Fostering unity and cooperation among Christians
What We Believe
In the light of our nature as an international, cross-cultural, Christian mission committed to glorify God through the urgent evangelisation of East Asia’s millions, and for the sake of clarity and integrity in all our work and relationships, we humbly declare the following fundamental truths of the Christian faith and mission:
- We believe in the one, holy, sovereign, creating and redeeming God, eternally existing in three Persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of the Bible, its infallible teaching and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct; and its normative value for all peoples, at all times, in all cultures.
- We believe that all people without distinction are made in the image of God, but all are now sinners and have incurred both God’s holy wrath and their own shame and guilt. All are therefore in utter need of redemption.
- We believe in Jesus Christ our Lord, the incarnate Son of God, uniquely God-man and the only Saviour. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death, bodily resurrection and ascension. We believe He has achieved the final defeat of Satan and all evil powers.
- We believe in the justification of sinners by God’s grace, through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit and His convicting, regenerating, sanctifying and reviving work. He guides and empowers individuals and churches in their service to God and all people.
- We believe in the unity and priesthood of all believers who together form the one, holy, universal, apostolic church.
- We believe in the visible, personal return of Jesus Christ in power and great glory to judge both the living and the dead. We believe that the Scriptures set out only two destinies for humanity; the joyful prospect of eternal life in the presence of God for those who have received Christ and the agonising prospect of eternal separation from God for those who have rejected Him.
As an evangelistic mission, in fellowship with local churches in many countries, we are called to be a worshipping, praying and caring fellowship committed to worldwide evangelism. We rejoice in our partnership with local churches on all continents, and pray that God will make us a humble, vigorous, attractive fellowship, bringing the good news especially to those who have never heard of Jesus Christ.
What We Do
We PRAY for God’s work amongst the unreached and least-reached people groups in East Asia.
We PIONEER in the places where Christ is not yet known.
We PERSEVERE in doing His work amongst least-reached people groups where workers have been for many years.
We PARTNER with local believers, churches, and other like-minded organisations to see indigenous churches thrive with good discipleship, leadership development, and missional training.
Where We Work
We work all over East Asia and with East Asians globally, including in Australia.
If you’d like to know more about specific countries we serve in, contact us or come in for a chat – we’d love to tell you more!