For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:6
Prior to the advent of political change in 1990, the number of Christians in Mongolia could probably have been counted on one hand. But in the following decades, literally hundreds of indigenous Mongol churches have been established.
- Praise God for His faithfulness and love to the people of Mongolia.
- Praise God for the many believers there.
- Ask God to build and strengthen His church.
- Pray for the evangelists and church planters sent out from the Mongolian churches to know God deeply and be used by Him in beautiful ways to spread the Good News.
Lhasa is the cultural and spiritual heartland of the Tibetan world. The focal point is the majestic Potala Palace, which, at an altitude of 3,700 meters (12,300 feet), is the highest ancient palace in the world. Nearby, the Jokhang Monastery, seat of the Gelugpa (Yellow) sect of Tibetan Buddhism, is the most hallowed destination for Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims.
- Praise God that He has created people with hearts to worship.
- Praise God that many Tibetans have heard the Gospel now.
- Pray that more and more Tibetans would see “the Light of knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ” (2 Cor 4:6) and worship Him.
- Pray for a real and lasting breakthrough among the Tibetans.
Bhutan remains one of the least evangelized countries in the world. However, there is hope. Converts to Christ among the Nepalese peoples in the south are now reckoned to be in the thousands. The number of Christians among Drukpa people, the Buddhist majority, is relatively small as yet; maybe a few hundred nationwide. However, growth is still significantly faster than among Tibetans. Drukpa believers boldly witness to their neighbors, family and friends, and already have a vision for reaching Tibetans in India and China.
- Praise God for the Drukpa believers in Bhutan and for their bold witness for Jesus.
- Pray for their family, friends, and neighbors to have open hearts as the believers share with them.
- Pray for each district to have a thriving and multiplying church.