About OMF - International
OMF is a global fellowship of Christians with a heart for East Asia.
We are passionate to demonstrate and proclaim the good news to East Asia’s billions, many of whom have never seen or heard it.
In places where there are no churches or limited resources, we humbly and prayerfully engage in church planting. In places where the church already exists, we serve alongside it to strengthen and extend it.
Our desire is to see thriving churches among East Asia's peoples that joyfully share the good news with others.
OMF is serving the church, sharing the gospel.
Our efforts are as diverse as the communities and cities we reach. They range from initial prayer for a people or place to seeing local churches send out believers in mission too.
Sharing the gospel is a creative endeavour that we work to see multiplied. We do it through community development, the starting of businesses, healthcare, hobbies, training – and many other ways. Wherever possible, we do it in partnership with local churches.
In every area of life, we aim to live out the good news of Jesus – in a way that’s appropriate to the culture and brings transformation to individuals and communities.
Our founder Hudson Taylor believed the gospel would only take root if missionaries were willing to identify with the culture of the people they wanted to reach.
We believe that too. Now, more than 150 years later, our work continues with the same spirit. The same vision. The same desire to see authentic Christian church and witness flourishing among each of East Asia’s peoples, regardless of where they live.
We TRUST in God- Praying as an expression of faith is an integral part of our life and service
- We depend on God for holy living, fruit in our work and for all our needs
- We invite others to join us in a life of faith and prayer
We are a FELLOWSHIP- We pursue our vision and mission together
- We care for and support each other and share our resources
- We encourage and enhance each other’s effectiveness
We are passionate to reach the UNREACHED- We focus on those who are overlooked or unengaged
- We constantly evaluate and innovate in line with our vision
- We take prayerful risks and persevere with the task
We practice INCARNATIONAL ministry
- We identify with our neighbours and live an appropriate lifestyle
- We learn culture, language and worldview
- We work in ways that encourage indigenous movements
We PARTNER in ministry
- With sending churches globally
- With local churches in the ministry context
- With like-minded Christians and mission agencies
We lead from the MINISTRY context
- Our strategy is developed by those engaged in the ministry
- Our structures, administration and policies are designed to serve the ministry
- Our various centres work together to accomplish the ministry objectives.
We celebrate DIVERSITY in unity
- We value the diversity that God has given us
- We respect one another and maintain our unity in Christ
Rev. Dr. Patrick Fung,
General Director of OMF International
Patrick was born in Hong Kong and is the first Asian General Director working with OMF leaders across the world. Patrick and his wife, Jennie, previously served as medical missionaries in South Asia.
He is actively involved in teaching and preaching ministry and is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Lausanne Movement and a member of the International Council of the Langham Partnership International (John Stott Ministries).